You may not think you’ll ever need a rodent removal service Frisco TX, but chances are, somewhere in your home there are rats or mice scurrying around looking for food, water and warmth. Your rodent housemates probably don’t live in the parts of the house you frequent, like the living room, bedrooms, and kitchen; they’re likely hiding in your attic, basement, garage or shed. Regardless of where they are in your home, if there’s a chance you can come into contact with them, rodents pose a significant threat to your health and the health of your family.
Rodent Control Service Frisco TX: What Makes Rodents Dangerous
There are a number of ways that rodents are dangerous to humans including:
- Rodent teeth grow continuously so they chew to wear their teeth down. Since they live in the walls of your house, they will chew through PVC pipes, HVAC ducts, and electrical wires which could result in a fire.
- Rodents bite people. Not only do they pass bacteria through their saliva, they can also chew off fingers and toes – small children are especially vulnerable to this.
- Rodent droppings are the source of many airborne diseases. These include but are not limited to Hantavirus, Hemorrhagic Fever and Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis.
- Insects who use rats and mice as hosts can also cause problems in your home. Rat fleas can carry Murine Typhus and the bacteria that causes the bubonic plague. Mites that feed off of rat blood can infest your home even after their hosts are dead.
- Rodents can chew their way into your cupboards and pantries. They can contaminate your food with their saliva, urine, and droppings. Homeowners sometimes unknowingly consume food that is contaminated. This can result in Rat-Bite Fever, Salmonellosis or Tularemia.
Rodent Removal Service Frisco TX: Rodent Signs To Watch For
Because rodents are a serious health hazard, it’s important to get help when you find the signs of an infestation. Signs of an infestation include:
- Rodent droppings. These can be in food storage and preparation areas – kitchen cabinets, drawers, and pantries – or in dark, secluded areas.
- Rodent noises. Rats are more active at night, which means you may hear them scratching inside walls or scurrying around your basement or attic in a quiet house.
- Damage to your home. Rats not only chew through wiring and ductwork, they also chew through wood and sheetrock.
- Tracks. Look for rodent tracks in dusty areas of your home or in the dirt around your home.
Nests. Rats and mice shred paper, wood, cloth and other materials to make nests. These will usually be found in dark, secluded areas inside your house. Outside of your house, they will nest along the foundation or in thick vegetation.
Rats and mice are prolific breeders. What seems to be a small problem can quickly escalate to one that is out of control. Call us at Safe Pro Pest Control at (972) 435-0700 for expert rodent removal service Frisco TX. You can also visit us online at www.safepropest.com to find out more about our Plano pest control services.
Rodent Removal Service Frisco TX
Safe Pro Pest Control
122 Rose Lane, Suite #203
Frisco, Texas 75036