It’ s that time of year! Spring is here and summer is just around the corner. It’ s the perfect time for getting outdoors and enjoying backyard barbecue celebrations with family and friends. These get-togethers are usually open to everyone; that is, everyone except for your neighborhood pests. No one wants unwanted bugs around, annoying guests and getting into yummy fixings.
If you have plans for lots of outdoor meals this summer, you can expect those pesky bugs to visit. Flies, ants, mosquitoes and bees, they’ll all be along to join in the festivities.
During the day, flies, ants and other crawling bugs can easily contaminate your food and cause all sorts of issues. There are more than 100 different types of harmful germs that these annoying creatures can carry.
While it may seem that these bugs are just annoying, they can, in fact, be quite dangerous. Many people have allergies to insect bites, with bee stings being one of the most significant health risks.
As nighttime falls, mosquitoes tend to arrive, attracted to the party lights and scents of human buffets. Not only are they annoying, but they can also carry diseases like Malaria and West Nile. For those who aren’t carrying dangerous diseases, they can still leave you and your guests with a great deal of discomfort from their itchy bite marks.
You may not be able to get rid of every annoying insect at your outdoor barbecue or picnic, but you can take some effective steps to eliminate most of them.
- Remove any tall weeds and overgrown plants from your patio area.
- Be sure to immediately take out all of the trash that gathers from your guests.
- Use proactive lighting strategies to keep bugs away from your family and friends.
- Insects are attracted to bright white lights so use yellow LED lights near your patio.
- Keep any doors near your party closed to prevent insects from getting inside your home.
- Use citronella candles in small, concentrated areas.
- For larger outdoor areas, use an approved repellent to keep the insects away. Be sure to read the instructions provided by the manufacturer before applying the repellent.
- Mosquitoes like to nest in stagnant water areas. Check around your yard to make sure there is no standing water on the grass, in your flower pots or any other hidden areas.
If you are planning a special outdoor event this summer, the experts at Safe Pro Pest have the expertise and treatment products needed to keep your family and friends comfortable and annoying little insects away.
Make sure your special Frisco, TX, barbecue event won’t need any extra home pest control! Contact Safe Pro Pest at (972) 435-0700 today!
Home Pest Control Frisco Tx
Safe Pro Pest Control
122 Rose Lane, Suite #203
Frisco, Texas 75036